Thursday 24 April 2014

My Acne Treatment | Skin Care Routine

♥ My Acne Treatment ♥ 

Hi everyone! Last month, I had the worst breakout of spots I have had in a very long time and I thought I would share with you all the products I used to help treat my skin. When I was a teenager, I used to suffer with mild acne. I would often get a rash of little spots appear on my forehead and cheeks and no matter what products I used, nothing seemed to help prevent them. As I have gotten older, my skin has gradually improved and I will now only get one or two spots here and there. 

I have always found that my skin will get slightly worse in times where I am pretty stressed out. In a few weeks, I will be moving over to Spain to live and work. Although the move is extremely exciting, I have been stressed to the max with getting everything organised and sorted ready for the big move. The stress definitely has had an enormous impact on my skin. Although my old skin care routine wasn't making it worse,  it definitely was not helping to reduce or prevent the spots. I knew I had to look for an alternative.. Quinoderm.

Quinoderm Products: http://www.quinoderm.co.uk/range/3/quinoderm-antibacterial-facewash

Last month, I decided to buy the 'Antibacterial Face Wash' as well as the 'Extra Strength Cream (10)'. I am using the following steps as my current skin care routine to reduce my skin issue and also to help prevent any skin issues arising. Every morning, the first thing I do is wipe my face with the Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes for dry and sensitive skin. They are alcohol free and smell really nice too.


 Once my face is feeling fresh after using a wipe, I pour a small amount of the Quinoderm face wash onto the palm of my hand and then gently apply it onto my face using both hands. I then like to leave the face wash on my skin for a few minutes whilst I brush my teeth. I then rinse it all off with warm water and pat my face dry with a clean towel. Once my face is dry, I then take a small amount of the Quinoderm cream to my finger and apply a thin layer over the areas where I have a skin issue. The cream is white and has quite a thick consistency, therefore only a thin layer needs to be applied. I find that this then absorbs into the skin within 5 minutes of applying. 


 Whilst the cream is absorbing into the skin, I eat breakfast and start to get ready. The first thing I do is change into my outfit for the day and begin doing my hair. Once I have done my hair, I am now ready to apply my makeup. I make sure that I always moisturise my skin as Quinoderm can make it very dry. Therefore, as a final step to my skin care routine, I apply the Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream before applying my makeup.


I find that this is a fantastic routine that really works for the treatment of acne, whether it is mild or severe. I find that whenever I do have a breakout, just using this routine for a few days can make an enormous difference to my skin and how it looks. During the times of treating my skin issue, I try to use a minimal amount of products on my face - my main priority is getting rid of all of the spots! I hope you have found this useful. It is definitely a routine worth trying if you have common breakouts.

 Thanks for reading  

No comments:

Post a Comment